For sometime now I have thinking to explore my domain and for a change learn a new Language. Inspired from the talk by Dr.Dragan Djuric on Clojure, I decided to go behind Clojure.
As a Netbeans enthusiast I was looking for a plugin for Clojure. On first Google search came across Enclojure which is a Netbeans plugin for Clojure. From the explanation, I followed the instructions to install it on my 7.0.1 version. But on installing it threw the following error:
Some plugins require plugin Lucene Integration to be installed.
The plugin Lucene Integration is requested in version >= 18.104.22.168
(release version 1) but only 3.2.1 (of release version different from
1) was found. The following plugin is affected: Enclojure
Some plugins require plugin Editor Library to be installed.
The plugin Editor Library is requested in version >= 22.214.171.124.2
(release version 2) but only 126.96.36.199.10 (of release version different
from 2) was found. The following plugin is affected: Enclojure
On searching realized that this is a common problem for installing it on > Netbeans 7.*. But with some manual tweeks managed to install it. Here are the instructions to install on Netbeans 7.* plus:
- Install Netbeans 7. You need only the Java SE version.
- First Run of Netbeans after installation. Activate feature Java SE
- Activate features is on the Start page or from Tools,->Plugins>Installed, click ‘Activate next to the Java SE support
- Install Maven
- It is HIGHLY recommended that you install maven: http://maven.apache.org/download.html
- Go to the Netbeans->Preferences, click on the Miscellaneous tab and make sure the External Maven Home path is pointed to your maven install
- Download the EnClojure 1.5 version from here. If you want to manually build, you can do that by following the instructions from here.
- After downloading the file, In Netbeans: Goto:- Tools ->Plugins->Downloaded->Add Plugins->Downloaded (as shown in the figure below)
Then browse to the downloaded file. Later install by clicking at the “install : button.
- Restart and you are on the go.
- Visit hereto build and run hello world project.Basically building the EnClojure 1.5 manually is the tough job. I hope above was useful.